- 90% of individuals who die by suicide have a mental health disorder and/or substance abuse disorder (National Institute of Mental Health, NIMH).
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S., and the 2nd leading cause of death for 15-24 year olds (SAVE.org).
- An estimated quarter of a million people each year become suicide survivors (American Association of Suicidology, AAS). A suicide survivor is a person who has survived the loss of a loved one to suicide.
- There is one death by suicide in the U.S. every 13 minutes (Center for Disease Control, CDC).
- Females are more likely than males to have suicidal thoughts (CDC).
- While more women attempt suicide, men are four times more likely to die by suicide. One reason for this is because men tend to choose deadlier methods of suicide than women (Womenshealth.gov).
"A supportive resource and compassionate voice for lives touched by mental illness
Copyright © The Kim Foundation |
The content contained in this website is for informational purposes only and is compiled and received from
The Kim Foundation does not endorse the resources provided and does not accept liability
or responsibility for incorrect information provided.